Pre-Trek Seminar: TBD
Trek: January 4-12, 2022
Post-Trek Seminar: TBD
Table of Contents
In partnership with Carey Executive Education, LDE Cotopaxi is an intensive leadership trek for executives and leaders who want to develop themselves and their abilities as innovative leaders of modern organizations. Providing not only a thorough, research-driven understanding of leadership, but also hands-on opportunities to lead a team of peers and colleagues from different backgrounds and industries, the trek up to the summit of Cotopaxi will challenge participants to reach new levels of leadership.
The course presents participants with a challenge physical adventure, so solid physical fitness and good preparation are needed, but no prior mountaineering or trekking experience is required. The remote setting, hands-on approach to leadership development, and extensive feedback and coaching define the LDE experience and allow high-potential leaders to retreat from their day-to-day work and focus extensively on their learning and growth as a leader. This unique course will provide a memorable, transformative experience that complements ongoing talent development efforts elsewhere in organizations or professional environments.
There are a limited number of seats available for each LDE course - for more information and to register for this executive LDE course, please visit the Carey Executive Education website, or contact the Carey Executive Education team by email with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spend 9 days exploring the Ecuadorian Andes mountains and summiting Cotopaxi
- Work as an expedition team to navigate trails, traverse glaciers, and summit the mountain, while receiving frequent individual and team coaching and research-driven leadership seminar sessions
- Focus on enhancing individual and team performance by integrating team members' diverse skills
- Gain experience leading a group in a challenging environment, giving and receiving effective feedback, and developing team capabilities for success, and return to your job as a more dynamic and effective leader
Tentative Course Schedule
Subject to Change; Contact Us for More Details
- Prior to the expedition in Ecuador, participants will meet for a full-day of course seminars, logistics, and individual feedback on goals for the expedition.
- Additionally, participants will complete several leadership assessments online before the program, and will have individual coaching sessions with a certified career coach before and after the program.
- Depart US Evening Arrival at Quito airport, transfer to hotel in Quito.
- Team meeting and dinner, gear brief, and introductory session
- Group Breakfast meeting at a local coffee/breakfast location. Ice breaker, goal setting, review of course and expedition
- Quito City tour
- Lunch, dinner and night hotel in Quito
- Pick up at hotel to hike Pichincha, ending with cablecar ride
- Lunch on the trail, Dinner in Quito
- Pick up at hotel for Pasochoa hike, our second day of acclimatization
- Transfer to spend night at Tambopaxi Lodge located in Cotopaxi National Park
- Dinner at lodge
- Hike Rumiñahui for further acclimatization and team experience
- Dinner at lodge
- Transfer to Cotopaxi and glacier skills course
- Dinner and lodging at Cotopaxi huts
- Rest all day and prepare for Cotopaxi summit attempt night-launch (Hydrate, pack gear, early dinner, early to bed, and 11pm or 12am wake up for breakfast before leaving for summit)
- Meals and lodging in Cotopaxi huts
- Cotopaxi summit
- Return to Quito for celebratory farewell dinner
- Lodging in Quito
- Early morning airport transfer
- Depart Quito for US